You skipped to and are entering the main content
Alerts & Notices (Alertas)
- Board Meeting Notice: The next board meeting will be held Thursday, December 14th at 10:30 am. Registration can be found under Public Meeting Notice.
Helpful Resources for People Impacted by the Coronavirus
A list of resources follows for use by consumers and businesses impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. PHFA will expand this list over time, so please check back often.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Housing Finance Agency, Department of Veteran Affairs and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development have partnered to create a housing assistance website to help homeowners and renters during the coronavirus pandemic. It offers useful resources for homeowners, renters and landlords.
- The U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness has developed a step-by-step guide for people who are at risk of eviction. It also includes resources for landlords who are losing income during the pandemic.
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has introduced the Find Shelter tool, a resource to search for facilities that provide shelter, clothing, health clinics, and food pantries for people in need.
- PHFA provides helpful 10/18 - COVID-19 Q&A - Updated for rental residents and property owners.
- PHFA provides helpful COVID-19 Guidance for Rental Residents Updated 10/12 during COVID-19.
- Here is a list of COVID-19 Helpful Resources for Residents that may be helpful for renters, provided by PHFA.
- Lots of helpful information for renters, landlords, and homeowners provided by the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania. Includes information about rights and benefits for renters and homeowners, as well as a landlord toolkit.
- Resources Guide for PHFA mortgage customers but also helpful for all homeowners. Includes useful information about topics like home repairs, taxes, utilities and more.
- Foreclosure prevention information from PHFA.
- Coronavirus-related information, guidelines, and notices published by state housing finance agencies, the Trump Administration, the CDC, HUD, and other state entities.
- A Coronavirus resource page provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- A resource page addressing tenant concerns provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
RESOURCES FOR THE PUBLIC
- Persevere PA is a free counseling program for people who want help dealing with the stress and anxiety brought on by the current pandemic. It is a helpline with caring counselors who are available 24/7. Read the English and Spanish flyers for more information.
- “Your Money: A Hub for Help During the Coronavirus Crisis,” an article by the New York Times that covers government benefits, free services and financial strategies.
- How to protect yourself financially from the impact of the coronavirus, from the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- How to access emergency food assistance during COVID-19 mitigation.
- For people in immediate need of food assistance, Feeding Pennsylvania and Hunger-Free Pennsylvania are hubs of information for where people can get assistance locally in their communities.
- Resources for Pennsylvanians during the Coronavirus pandemic from the PA Department of Health.
- PA Department of Education guidance on COVID-19, including where to access free meals for children.
- If you're looking for a job, the state Department of Labor and Industry has launched a portal offering COVID-19 employment opportunities.
- For workers impacted by COVID-19, including workers compensation information, visit the Department of Labor and Industry website.
- Visit http://www.uc.pa.gov to apply for unemployment benefits.
- PA Department of Health and Human Services to apply for benefits.
- COMPASS is an online tool for Pennsylvanians to apply for many health and human service programs.
RESOURCES FOR NONPROFITS
- COVID-19 funding sources for nonprofits provided by the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Associations.